TREASURING HAS MOVED!

I've moved Treasuring over to my website, so you can now find it new and improved RIGHT HERE. Please update your readers and subscribe if you haven't already. Thanks!
(You can get email updates from the new site, too, if that suits your fancy!)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

new pattern: 'amoebae'


oh, pattern making. i think this has been my true love since i was a little girl. i used to make posters with big bubble letters for each holiday and then fill each letter with a different hand-drawn pattern. my family always wondered how i came up with new patterns on each poster, and it's funny to me that i'm sort-of doing the same thing now!

i truly think we are supposed to do what we were happiest doing as children for our whole lives-- i've always loved creating patterns for surfaces. i feel so lucky that i get to use my childhood passion every day.

yay!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i LOVE this. your patterns are mesmerizing! i could not agree with you more about *knowing* who we are and what we love when we are children. sometimes i just ask myself what the eleven year-old inside of me would do to get the perfect answer.
*)
oh, and we can TOTALLY be best friends. bff-s even!!

aimee said...

this is fabulous, jess. i love the colors and the artful arrangement of this gorgeous pattern!

Janet said...

Your patterns are so cool! I, too, love making patterns and spend hours drawing in my sketchbook.

dee said...

Such a sweet sentiment. I wanted to be a clown. Now they scare the bejeezus out of me!

Anonymous said...

THanks y'all! I love having BFFs in internetland. Melisa, I do believe we are BFFs, too, aren't we? :)

Anonymous said...

Love this one.

San Smith said...

This is such a sweet post :)