TREASURING HAS MOVED!

I've moved Treasuring over to my website, so you can now find it new and improved RIGHT HERE. Please update your readers and subscribe if you haven't already. Thanks!
(You can get email updates from the new site, too, if that suits your fancy!)

Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy {early} Valentine's Day!


Valentine's Day is a little controversial, isn't it? Some people think it's a marketing holiday, all about getting people to spend money on cards and chocolate and flowers, other people think it's romantic and fun... I fall on the romantic and fun side. I've always liked Valentine's Day, even if I didn't have someone to spend it with.


My husband, on the other hand, falls into the other camp-- he thinks it's stupid (I say boo to that!) so I have to remind him every year that I actually like the sappiness of the day! We'll see what he comes up with this year. :) I'm surprising him with some made-from-scratch macarons from Crumb here in Atlanta, and I'm going to stick a little toothpick flag in each one, with my favorite things about him written on them. Cute, no? He's going to love it and think it's cheesy all at the same time! And that's the goal, my friends.


Also, I just wanted to show you these cute Valentine designs I've been working on the past couple of days. Aren't they fun? I especially like the middle one.
{Card companies, call me if you like them!
}

So happy Valentine's Day to you whatever you end up doing on Sunday, and happy weekend in general, and I'll see you next week!

6 comments:

linda said...

Lovely designs, so happy and lovey dovey! My husband is the same in thinking it's a commercial overblown made-up holiday. He compensates by saying and truly acting upon the idea that anytime is a time for gifts and chocolates, so I have no complaints! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! This year February 14th is also Lunar New Year - double celebration!

Rowena said...

I'm in the sappy camp. But I like the chocolate.

And I just cut out construction paper hearts and gave the kids glue and tape to make some Valentines cards. I'm interested in seeing what they come up with.

T.Allen said...

I celebrate everything Hallmark makes a card for! It drives my husband a little crazy, but he complies. It's all in good fun, y'know-so I'm with you.

Your designs are fab, I'm a big fan...I think the first design is my favorite.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Rosa Phoenix said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Your designs are awesome, so is your blog! Thanks for sharing your great finds and your beautiful art.

aimee said...

i don't get swept up in most holidays, but i adore the hype around valentine's day. commercial or not, it is always a good thing to celebrate love. beautiful designs jess!

Anonymous said...

酒店兼職 酒店打工 打工兼職 台北酒店 酒店兼差 酒店經紀 禮服酒店 酒店工作 酒店上班 酒店PT 酒店應徵 酒店