Blissful Monday

Good morning, and welcome to another Monday morning, friends. Are you ready to have the best week ever?
This last week was full of stress for me, so I'm going to pluck some of the lessons out of it that I'm grateful for this week. Ready? Okay!

- Saturday was tax day. Doing my taxes stresses me out beyond belief, and somehow I'm ending up owing again this year, even though I paid all my estimated taxes on time and Ryan and I are filing jointly for the first time (he is in medical school, and thus, he has lots of debt and little income.) What I'm grateful for: I'm starting to set up more workable systems for myself. I'm also realizing that I need some help learning about efficient accounting systems for my business, and I'm working on getting some help! Yay for help and updating old, unworkable ways of doing things.
- The sun finally came out yesterday, which lifted my spirits. We went on a long walk through the neighborhood in the morning crispness. Very nice.
- I spent too long this week worrying about having too much to do, instead of just jumping in and getting to work. It's amazing how my mind can help me procrastinate while at the same time telling me that I have to much to do! So, I'm grateful to see this pattern so I can start tricking my mind into just getting to work already, dammit!
- I got a super-cute haircut (amidst a day of complete and utter unproductivity, I might add.) Why have I spent my whole adult life up to this point without bangs? I have no idea, because I'm completely in love with them.
- Guacamole. I'm eternally grateful that guacamole exists.

5 comments:
"I spent too long this week worrying about having too much to do, instead of just jumping in and getting to work. It's amazing how my mind can help me procrastinate while at the same time telling me that I have to much to do! So, I'm grateful to see this pattern so I can start tricking my mind into just getting to work already, dammit!"
Amen, sista! I am right there with you in so many ways! Seriously. I've gotta kick this habit!
let's see the hair!
i'm such a fan of bangs :)
So when do we get to see pictures of this cute haircut? :)
mmm...guacamole. Great one!
i am all for guacamole and bangs! i just got bangs last week and love them - now i'll have to head out for the guac!
I have always had bangs and laughed that you have them and you are now a fan! I also love guacamole. I am grateful for our mild winter and early spring here.
Post a Comment