TREASURING HAS MOVED!

I've moved Treasuring over to my website, so you can now find it new and improved RIGHT HERE. Please update your readers and subscribe if you haven't already. Thanks!
(You can get email updates from the new site, too, if that suits your fancy!)

Monday, March 16, 2009

new pattern: astrid


there's a part of me that would love to name a child astrid one day, but i don't think ryan would ever go for it. i think it's a lovely name, but there could also be some unfortunate nicknames that came from it (think about it for a minute.... yep. this sort-of thinking is the result of living with a guy for 5 years!)


so now that i've started my monday (and possibly yours) with some really nice thoughts (!!), back to this pattern, called 'astrid'. i really really like this one. like, a lot. i'm particularly fond of prange and purple together lately, which is strange because i'm not usually a purple kind of gal. but lately it's growing on me.

i hope you all had a wonderful weekend-- what did you do? who did you see? i'd love to hear your stories!


my weekend was rainy and nice-- saturday i spent all day working on a project that will *hopefully* turn into a cool design job, and yesterday did the illustration above that you can also find over at pecannoot right now and in my etsy shop, and then worked on ryan's and my wedding animation. it's going to be awesome!!!

8 comments:

Ann Marie said...

yes, quite fond of the color combo in the second one. great job.

shellieartist said...

Jess I love the new pattern and color combos. One of these days I would love to order a fat quarter of your fabrics to use in my work...they are all fabulous. I actually just found spoonflower last nigth and dreamed of pattern designs all night as I play around on there for hours before bed- ha. Those are the times I wish I had my head lamp beside the bed as well as my sketchbook, so the designs do not slip away into the night.
I think one of the coolest parts of having a child is you get to pick their name. We named our little guy London b/c it means "fortess of the moon". I am a moon girl and the funny thing is my son is too. We go out everynight and look for the moon before his bedtime...he is obsessed. LOL

Dionne said...

The pattern is great! I love both color combos.

Ooooh how fun - designing your wedding invitation! I remember that was one of the funnest parts of the wedding process for me too.

This weekend we went out to a restaurant with friends, and then my computer just died. It was soooo frustrating. Brian opened it up and thankfully was able to tinker around in there, and after buying a few parts, he fixed it. My hero!

surfy birdy said...

love the new retro flower pattern! lovely!

Rowena said...

Love Astrid, pattern and name. Same problem w the nicknames, though, so I named my daughter Ivy.

I tried to stay off the internet this weekend as an experiment, it didn't work so well. D'oh.

Must keep trying.

aimee said...

oh you have to think through all of the possibilities of naming a child! my mother unearthed an ancestor named dorcas which i thought looked beautiful on paper, in a novel character sort of way, and then my brother said, "say it out loud." it didn't have the same ring of romanticism after that.

great pattern!

Catherine said...

Love the purple astrid... and this wknd travelled to Veracruz state to see the arcaeological site of El Tajin...beautiful even in the mist and rain of Veracruz!!

lesley said...

i'm loving the purple/orange colorway... so bright and happy, and a little retro.