TREASURING HAS MOVED!

I've moved Treasuring over to my website, so you can now find it new and improved RIGHT HERE. Please update your readers and subscribe if you haven't already. Thanks!
(You can get email updates from the new site, too, if that suits your fancy!)

Friday, September 26, 2008

new pattern = wallpaper (i hope!)


ok friends, i have a dilemma. remember the paintings i posted a little while ago that were going to the nursery? well, they *loved* them (yay!), and now they would like wallpaper for the nursery as well!

(i also made a mobile for the nursery-- i have no good pics, but i might post something anyway. it was based on this one.)


anyway, where do i get wallpaper printed? i am having real trouble finding someone locally that will print on a non-vinyl material and with water-based inks.

have any of you printed wall paper before? do you have any recommendations? i'm thinking about going with design your wall-- any experience with them? help!!


the design above (the pink one) is what i've sent to her, and i'm hoping she likes it-- the blue one i just did for fun because i liked the cute design so much. :)
what do you think? nursery-ish?


if you have any info for me as far as wallpaper printing goes, please do send it my way!! i'll love you forever! (who am i kidding-- i will anyway. but you know that!)

11 comments:

Kristin Saegaert said...

This is lovely! My son would love the blue wallpaper (me too!). He's six and is a huge bird lover! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see this print on fabric too!

Unknown said...

jess!!! amazing!!!! i have a vision of your future: cover of domino in a room filled with your fabulous creations--- cutey couch draped in your fabric covered with amazing pillows, your amazing paintings on walls covered in jess gonacha wallpaper, mobiles, table set with your printed napkins....oh yes, and the tables... made by you! have i mentioned what a rockstar you are!!

Melissa Crowe said...

I _love_ this pattern. SO SO lovely.

lesley said...

oh, i just love this! the owls are adorable. i think it will be perfect for a nursery and i agree with kristin that it would be fabulous on fabric!

please sir said...

Wow - that is awesome! Good luck with the wallpaper - I think there are sites to make your own wallpaper?

kelly barton art + design said...

can i just say - i am in total awe of you and where you are heading.
so cool!

amy said...

I really like that design. I'm not a fan of wallpaper but that would be an awesome fabric!

Dottie said...

beautiful jess!

Sydney said...

oooh! very pretty!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

I know there are silk screeners who will do wallpapers- but I can't seem to find them. They are in the elusive group that does screened fabrics too. If you find a source, I'd love to know!

San Smith said...

Hey! I wanted to comment on this last weekend but I ended up getting distracted by my bicycle and not getting to the computer. There is a vendor we use here at work called MegaBytes (our contact is ginger@megabytesdigital.com) and they can do custom wallpaper. I think it is large sheets rather than thin narrow traditional wallpaper sheets, and they also install it for you. Hope that helps!