TREASURING HAS MOVED!

I've moved Treasuring over to my website, so you can now find it new and improved RIGHT HERE. Please update your readers and subscribe if you haven't already. Thanks!
(You can get email updates from the new site, too, if that suits your fancy!)

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

jennifer emerling


warning: i'm about to gush like i've never gushed before.

ok. i was introduced to jennifer emerling's work yesterday by sweet aurore (thank you!), and i don't think i've ever seen photographs this beautiful. perhaps you think i'm biased because i am from boulder, co and these photographs are of gorgeous leadville, co (one of my favorite mountain towns), but no-- all of her photographs are beautiful and make me want to cry. in a good way, of course. :)


if you don't believe me, just go look at her blog. it is full of these incredible photographs, each one more breathtaking than the last-- and they are so varied. click here and here if you want proof.


when i saw these images yesterday i thought "what the heck am i doing painting? i'm dropping it all to take up photography." but i reconsidered, and i think i'll just leave the photography to jennifer, because i would clearly pale in comparison. these are perfection.


3 comments:

Aurora said...

Aw! I'm so, so glad you love Jennifer! She does amazing work and is just as amazing a person. xo

Jenn said...

Oh wow, thank you! I am in awe of all the amazing things you have said about my work--truly, I could not feel more touched! And no, don't give up your art... I just took a brief look through your website and I am already impressed :) If you're ever interested, I would love to do a trade with you sometime! Thanks again, it's much appreciated.

Janet said...

Wow....she does take beautiful photos!