Katherine Streeter

There will never be a shortage of artists that inspire me. Katherine Streeter is the latest in the ever-growing list. Isn't her work amazing? I love how spontaneous and free it feels-- I also really like how the background is so important in the pieces. They don't feel like backgrounds, because they seem like they're on the same plane as the subjects of the paintings. Does that make sense? I like how the subject and the background seem to be existing in the same space.

Anyway, Katherine's website is bursting with amazingness, so you'll definitely want to check it out. You can also find her on flickr.





2 comments:
"into the next place"...it speaks to me so much! thanks for sharing such a visual/soul gift!!!
Oooh, thanks for reminding me about Katherine. I haven't been to her website in a while. She's always such an inspiration to me.
Post a Comment