TREASURING HAS MOVED!

I've moved Treasuring over to my website, so you can now find it new and improved RIGHT HERE. Please update your readers and subscribe if you haven't already. Thanks!
(You can get email updates from the new site, too, if that suits your fancy!)

Monday, March 09, 2009

cathy nichols


i recently discovered cathy nichols' work, and oh man do i adore it!! i feel vaguely like i've herad of her before and seen her work somewhere, but you know how the internet is... how and where i might have seen her previously is a mystery at this point!


anyway, i recently connected with cathy on twitter, too, and i realized that i really should post about her here on the ole blog! her paintings just make me happy, plain and simple. i think they are just so lovely.


if you love cathy's work, too, she is giving away the first print on this post, called 'hello friend' over at the iLash girls blog, along with their 'true friend pendant'. you have until thursday march 12th at midnight to enter! and you can see all of cathy's gorgeous work on her website, in her etsy shop, and on her blog. what a delightful monday distraction!

7 comments:

Dionne said...

That's such a coincidence that you just posted about her! I am thinking of posting about her some time in the future. I LOVE her stuff. I bought her Beach Day print last week. I love her use of color!

Cathy Nichols Art said...

Jess you are just the sweetest. Thank you so much for blogging about my work. I am a HUGE fan of yours. It is always beautiful & inspiring.

shellieartist said...

The crazy thing is I am a huge fan of both you and Cathy. Both your work reminds me of each other in a way. I have thought about doing a series of blogs post on my top 5 favorite Etsy artist and guess what, you two are both on it. Keep up the fantastic work...hopefully someday soon I will have prints from both of you!
xoxo
Shellie

Chrissy Foreman C said...

Ooh, these are FANTASTIC! I feel happy looking at them too, what an inspiration! I've posted a blog entry about your recent artwork-win on my blog too. She'll be shipped away today - keep an eye out in the mail!
C xx

Anonymous said...

Wow I love her work! Thank you for sharing :). Such a beautiful Monday eye candy break!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Found my way here via Chrissy's blog :)

Thanks for the introduction to Cathy Nichols. I'm hooked on birds and I especially like the first pic as the two little birds are gazing at each other just like a pair that I painted recently.

You can see them here, if you want a peek!

http://lexy.typepad.com/gallery/

Right, now for more hunting through your blog. And Cathy's too!!

Cindy said...

cathy's work is lovely, it makes me happy. wonderful soft tones.